Sunday, July 19, 2009

Song of the Naughty

"Go to your room young lady!" Dad's voice booms with exasperation.

"Daddy, please. I'm sorry." I beg, more out of desperation than any foolish belief that I might get a reprieve.

"You want me to paddle your butt right here?" Dad asks and I shake my head in a violent no.
"Then get to your room this instant!" Dad is apparently at the end of his proverbial rope with me and I know better than to test his patience any further.

I grudgingly trudge up the stairs to my room suppressing tears of humiliation. Dad doesn't care one bit that I have a houseful of friends over. I can hear him telling my friends they need to go home as I will be unavailable for the remainder of the day. I can already hear the cruel jokes and the insistent teasing that will no doubt be my fate tomorrow at school. I finish climbing the stairs as I hear the front door open and my friends politely say, "Goodbye Mr. Jennings."

I am so angry and embarrassed by the time I enter my bedroom I nearly slam the door shut. Caught it just in time. I'm in enough trouble, no need to make things worse. I briefly entertain thoughts of climbing out my window and running away. It just isn't fair. I mean who paddles their 18 year old daughter anyway? Let alone who sends their 18 year old daughter to get ready for bed at four in the afternoon and sends her to bed with no dinner? Oh, so you think you're a genius, do you? Well obviously my Dadseems to think this is the way things are done. I meant who else in the whole f*ing world thinks so? Never mind. Of course you thinks its fine.

So what if I got into any argument with my Mom? I'm a grown woman. I have opinions that matter too. Why does everything have to be her way? Why doesn't anybody care what I think or what I want? Don't Imatter? Oh, its not polite to criticize my Mom in front of others? What about me? Is it polite to make me look stupid in front of my friends? Well he can do his f*ing worst on my ass but, I'll be damned if he thinks I'm going to apologize this time. Not going to happen and that's f*ing final!

I suppose I had 'best' change into my pajamas. Who knows how long Dad will keep me waiting up here. You see that black negligee? Yep the one that's practically see through. I am tempted to put it on. Can't you just see Dad's face? I'd be standing here with big, wide, innocent eyes sucking on the tip of my index finger. Maybe I'd even put on a pair of red heels. Bat my eyelashes and say, "Daddy, are you gonna
spankme?"

What do you think? Would that make him realize I'm a grown woman or would he just get a lot madder? I'm betting on a lot madder and that would mean a much redder bottom for me. No thanks.Although, the look on his face would almost be worth it. No I go with something a bit more conservative. Separate top and bottom flannel pajamas. Conservative white cotton panties and my plush penguin slippers. That should make him see how ridiculous this all is. As if!

I can't possibly tell you how many times I've been stuck up here waiting just like this. In fact the last time was only two days ago. I "accidentally" spilled cranberry juice all over Mom when she had the audacity to tell me I was dressed inappropriately for school. Like she has any idea what is appropriate attire these days. As soon as I got home from school it was right up to here to wait for Dad to get home. How did she know it wasn't an honest accident anyway? It could have been. Dad used my hairbrush then. I hate it when he does that. It's like a total violation. It's my hairbrush for my hair. I shouldn't be brushing my hair and be reminded of the last time I got spanked. Should I? Don't answer that.

I wonder what he plans to use today. He did say "paddle" downstairs. I guess he might use that dreaded thing. The paddle was actually a purchase from one of those souvenir shops at one of those little known points of interest that my parents always seemed to find on summer vacations. I had been fighting with my brother in the backseat of the car. He had started it by pinching me repeatedly. All my parents saw was me slap him upside the head a half dozen times in a row. So, as usual it was all my fault. Anyway, Dad pulls off into this parking lot for some Puebloans' remain site. There was this souvenir shop and Dad drags me by the arm into the store. He finds this rack with paddles on it. They had a few different shapes and sizes. He picked up the biggest one and handed it to me. It had the words "Attitude Adjuster" engraved into one side of it and it was actually kind of heavy. From end to end the thing was about 18 inches long and 4 inches wide, probably about a half inch thick. It was a dark mahogany color although I have no idea what type of wood it is actually made of. The handle had a little leather loop through it for easy hanging and the price tag was attached there. Ten dollars was all it cost for this implement of terror. Can you believe Dad made me buy the thing with my allowance money? The old lady that ran the shop seemed to think it was pretty funny.

Dad used it right away in the parking lot on my panties. How did I react? Well, the ruins were called "Hovenweep" . My brother just couldn't get over the irony of the name and my reaction to that paddle. All these years later he still gets a good laugh whenever the subject come up. I still maintain it was all his fault and nobody believes me.

Did you hear that creak? No, well I did. I bet that means Dad is on his way up the stairs. I know wringing my hands isn't going to make any difference. I'm nervous. I really, really don't want to get spanked. I was just having fun with my friends. I didn't mean to embarrass Mom, I swear. She's been on my back all month I just wanted some breathing room. That window is starting to look tempting again. It's not fair I'm still sore from two days ago. I know stomping my foot isn't going to help but, it makes me feel better, okay?

My bedroom door opens with a whoosh. There is Dad. You know I think he is still angry. That vein throbbing in his temple is probably not a good sign for me. Maybe I should mention it to him. Wouldn't want him to have it burst or something while he's spanking me. See? There is that paddle I was telling you about. Mean looking isn't it? Well he can paddle as hard as he wants I'm not going to cave in this time. No way I was in the right and I am not going to change my mind about it. I don't care how hard he paddles me I am not saying I'm sorry this time. Why do I get the distinct impression you don?t believe me? I'm serious. It will be a cold day in hell before I apologize this time.

"I don't understand what has gotten into you lately. Every time I turn around we are right back up here. Do you like having your bottom bared and spanked? Do you think this all some kind of a game? Answer me!"

"No, I don't like getting spanked and no, its not a game to me. Is it to you?" Did I really say that out loud? I guess so.

"Very funny. I've got this paddle in my hand and you still want to give me attitude. You think this is funny? You won't be laughing in a few minutes and I can guarantee that. Don't even bother with the innocent little girl routine. I am going to spank you until I am absolutely certain you are ready to apologize to your Mother and then I am going to start paddling you. When you leave this room next you will be one contrite little girl. And if I have to teach this lesson again. Next time I will bare your bottom downstairs and I will blister you sorry right in front of your precious friends. Do you understand me? DO YOU?"

"I'm not sorry! I'M NOT EVER GOING TO BE SORRY! I WAS RIGHT, SHE WAS WRONG! Owe!" That hurt! Did you see that? He just slapped me! "What is your problem? I am not a little girl so, stop TREATING me like one! Owe!" There he goes again! "STOP IT! Ouch! That hurts! Owe!" Maybe I should just shut up.

Dad can be so mean at times like this. Aren't I allowed to defend myself? Can't I speak my mind? This is all just so unfair! I will not say I'm sorry. I don't care how much this hurts, its NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Yes, I realize he just pulled me over his knee. He just pulled my pajama bottoms and panties down! How dare he! I don?t care. I'm not going to react. He can spank me all day long but, I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of a single tear. BRING IT ON, DADDY!

Smack! Smack! Smack! "Is that all you got?" Brave or stupid? Is there a difference?

Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! "That kind of tickles, Dad."

Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack!
"Ooh, nice and tingly. Are you tired already, Dad?"

Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack!

"Does your hand hurt yet? My bottom certainly doesn't" Who am I kidding? I swear there is a fire back there. Somebody put it out please! I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of knowing it hurts.

Smack! Smack! Smack! "Owe! Stop it please!" I know but, I can't hold the tears back any more. It really hurts!

Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "Ouch!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! ?Ouch!" Smack! "Owe! Please
Daddy!" What are you looking at? It really hurts!

Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "Ouch!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "DADDDY!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "Ouch!"
Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "PLEASE!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "Ouch!" Smack! "NOOOO!" Smack! "Ouch!"
Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "PLEASE!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "STOP!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "DADDY!" His
hand has to be wearing out soon! Doesn't it? It may hurt and I may be crying but, I am still not sorry. Got it?

Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "PLEASE!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "Ouch!" Smack! "STOP!" Smack! "Ouch!"
Smack! "PLEASE!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "DADDY!" Smack! "Ouch!" Smack! "I'LL BE GOOD!" Smack!
"Ouch!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "PLEASE!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "I PROMISE!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack!
"DADDY!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "STOP IT!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "NO MORE!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "PLEASE!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "Ouch!" Smack! "NOOOO!" Smack! "Ouch!" Smack! "MORE!" Smack!
"Owe!" Smack! "PLEASE!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "STOP!" Will this never end? Somebody help me! I can't take any more. I can hardly breathe I am sobbing so hard. This isn't fair!

Smack! "Owe!' Smack! "I'M!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "SORRY!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "I'M!" Smack! "Owe!" Smack! "SORRY!"

"Well now I guess you can be reasonable. Now pick yourself up and take those bottoms and youy panties off and march yourself downstairs and apologize to your mother. You had best make sure she believes you too because if she doesn't we will repeat this lesson and try it again. Don't think your getting out of the paddling I promised you either. When your mother is satisfied that you actually mean your apology your going to learn a lesson in respect right there in front of her. NOW DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

"Yes, sir." I know I am pathetic with all this sobbing and that squeaky voice. You don't have to
rub it in. He wasn't going to ever stop you know. What was I supposed to do? I suppose you would have held out longer.

Do you have any idea how humiliating it is to walk through your house naked from the waist down? Even worse to make that walk with a very red and sore bottom? I didn't think so. I'm sure my face is just as red as my backside as I enter the kitchen to face Mom.

"Mommy," sniff, sniff, "I was" sniff, "showing off," sniff, "for my," sniff, "friends." Sniff, sniff, "I'm so sorry." Sniff, "My behavior was inexcusable." Sniff, sniff, "Can you," sniff, sniff, "ever forgive me?" Sniff, sniff, "I'm so sorry Mommy!" Sniff. I am begging on my knees at her feet, "Please, Mommy. I am really sorry. Please forgive me, please!"

Mom smiles at me and gently strokes my hair and sings what she calls the "Song of the Naughty." The tune is that of the "Mockingbird" lullaby.

"Hush little baby, don't you cry. Daddy's gonna paddle your blue eyes dry. And when that paddle has done it's job, Daddy's gonna put you in corner time. And when that time has come and gone, Daddy's gonna tuck you in for the night. And when that night has surrendered to dawn, Daddy's gonna hug and forgive you hun."

2 comments:

  1. Sweet and funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who else actually wanted her to not apologize?

    ReplyDelete