Sunday, July 19, 2009

Think So

I'm sitting in my bedroom right now waiting for Dad to come up here and pronounce sentencing. Sucks huh? Well I think so anyway. While I'm waiting, let me catch you up on a few things. First my name is Kerry Reichel and I am 16 years old. I have a very loving Mom and Dad and a brat of a 12 year old brother. I love them all more than anything else in the whole world but if you ever tell any of them I will deny the whole thing. Now its summer vacation from school and my brother's best friend is staying with us for the next two weeks while his Dad and Step-Mom are visiting Hawaii. They just got married yesterday and I caught the bouqet but, I digress. Anyway, first thing this morning I managed to piss my Dad off by arguing with my Mom. Oh, I guess I pissed her off too. Great start to the day right? I didn't think so. It was just that Mom wanted me to babysit two 12 year olds, my brother and his friend, and well I thought they were old enough to look after themselves. They happened to agree with me so it was three against one. Mom would just have to see it our way right? Well, she didn't think so, and neither did Dad. Alright, truth is I wanted to spend the next two hours making myself gorgeous for an afternoon trip to the mall with my girlfriends. For all you dense and incredibly naive adults out there, that is code for my friends and I were going to pick up cute boys and tease them to death with strategically revealing outfits. Sounds like a great plan for my first day of summer vacation right? I thought so anyway.

Oh yeah, back to my point here. This mornings little argument just got a little out of control and then Dad got totally out of control. I mean how can he possibly think grounding me for a whole week is fair when all I was doing is giving my little brother a boost to his self esteem. I mean he is a mature 12 year old, he doesn't stick gum in my hair and they would probably just sit in front of the TV playing xbox or something anyway. Certainly not behavior that required my supervision. I mean really if Mom was so concerned about what they might do while she was gone for two hours why couldn't she take them with her? As you probably can guess the more words that came out of my mouth the angrier Mom got. Totally unreasonable right? I think so.

I must apologize for ranting, I just hate waiting up here. Let me summarize the situation though cause I think we are almost out of time. So, I got in an argument with Mom. Dad grounded me for a week and I didn't shut up right away like a smart person would have. He then shocked me into silence with words along the lines of, "One more problem from you this week young lady and you will be remembering why there is a strap hanging in the hall closet." Totally inappropriate thing to say to a 16 year old right? I definately think so! Of course I didn't argue anymore, I'm not stupid. When Mom asked if I was going to watch my brother and his friend, I smartly responded "Yes, ma'am." Shortly after that Mom and Dad left. Peace at last. My brother and his friend thought they were responsible for me getting grounded so they were very apologetic. Honestly I didn't hold it against them and I still don't. This was clearly Mom's fault, right? I think so!

Dad's coming up the stairs now so let me finish up by explaining why. You see being grounded for a week is really no big deal I mean it sucks but hey I could have just said I would watch the boys and made life easier on myself. You see the problem is Dad, in a round about fashion, had threatened to spank me if I got in anymore trouble while I was grounded. I was never told that spankings were no longer on the table for discipline but since it's been a little over 4 years since I got one, I assumed they were no longer an option for me. Makes sense right? I think so. The reason I shut up so fast this morning at his threat was because I thought he was mad enough this morning that if I kept pushing he might actually follow through with the threat and of course I knew there was a big problem coming in the mail in the next few days. Best not to push one's luck right? I think so. The bad news for me was that the report cards came in the mail today. Mom still being mad about our little argument earlier had a real short fuse when she opened mine. I didn't fail anything so her reaction was totally uncalled for just cause my grades were lower than normal. Right? I think so. So what if my gpa went from a 3.3 to a 2.1. Colleges don't care about Sophmore year grades so why should I? I guess that wasn't the response Mom wanted when she asked what happened. I didn't think so.

Dad just knocked. Bottom line, no pun intended seriously, Mom thought Dad should follow through on his earlier threat and "strap my little butt purple" was her phrasing. I don't think so and I sure hope Dad doesn't think so. Time to let Dad in and find out what is going to happen.

"Hi Dad. How was work?" Not the best opening for a situation like this but he did crack a smile. I think he almost laughed. That's a good sign right? I think so."Sit down. We need to talk." He was a little forceful as held my report card up. The amusement is gone from his face and I know he is not happy with me. But, talk is good right? I think so. I sat down at my desk, he sat on my bed. He's sitting too? Real good sign this is going to be a long talk. "I can't find the words to tell you just how disappointed I am in you right now. How did you even have the nerve to talk back to your Mother this morning when you knew this report card was coming home. Please tell me you Mother was mistaken in understanding that you already knew about this. Tell me there was a mistake. Tell me something to make me understand how this even possible. Don't you have anything to say? What the hell has gotten into you Kerry Sue?" Well if he would take a breath or something maybe I could get a word in. What? Oh wait its getting awfully quiet in here. Whoah! Did he just call me Kerry Sue or did I imagine that. I don't think so.

This is not going well I better find something really adult sounding to say right now. Any advice? I didn't think so. "Damn!" Wait did I say that outloud? Oh crap, I think so! "Excuse me young lady! What did you just say?" Oh boy this is not good. My vocal chords are not working properly. I keep trying to say something like "I'm sorry" or "I didn't mean that." or "Please kill me now.". Unfortunately none of that is coming out. My lips are moving but all I seem to be able to utter are unintelligible high pitch noises. Oh, I'm crying. That was a good idea. Why didn't I think of that. Dad is really tender-hearted and his little girls tears always get to him. He'll know just how ashamed I am and sorry I am and best of all I won't have to say a word. This is perfect. I am a genious. Yes, I think so.

Ouch! That really hurt. This not going as planned. Did you see that? He just slapped me. Yeah I know, totally uncalled for. Did he just say something? Why is he looking at me like that? Anybody want to help me out here? I didn't think so. "You do not want to keep testing my patience Kerry Sue. Get into the bathroom right now. Don't make me say it again." Okay. What are we going to the bathroom for? I don't have to go and I really don't want to watch you go. I know better than to argue with that tone though. Opening my bedroom door I can see my brother and his friend at the bottom of the stairs trying to pretend they aren't listening in. Pretty obvious huh? I think so. The bathroom is the first door on the left there. Oh I wish I knew what he had said back there. Last time I made a march like this with him behind me he put a bar of soap in my mouth. If you have never had the displeasure of a bar of soap in your mouth I highly recommend avoiding it. The taste sticks around for way too long and its not a pleasant taste. Well at least I don't think so.

Here we are. Lights are on, thats the vanity in front of me, toilet to my right, shower behind me. Great tour right? Let's go someplace else now cause this is not boding well. No, I really don't think so. Unfortunately Dad is standing between me and the doorway. I haven't been this scared of Dad since... Well I don't really know when. "Pick it up." He's pointing at the bar of soap next to the sink. He can't be serious can he? I'm thinking I shouldn't test him though. I'll pick up the bar of soap but that's as far as this is going. I mean really this is ridiculous! I'm sixteen, that is way too old to be washing my mouth out with soap just because I said damn. Isn't it? I know, I know, I don't really think so either. He's got that really stern look on his face. I guess there is no getting out of this one. I can tell he is waiting for me to argue with him. Really Dad, I'm not that stupid despite whatever those grades say. Did I mention yet how much I hate the taste of soap. Oh I did. I guess there is no point in waiting. Dad is not backing down and there is no way I'm going to argue when he has that look on his face. This really sucks! Oh yuck! Its worse than I remember it. I can't believe I just stuck a bar of soap in my mouth. Can you? I didn't think so. Dad is still looking at me like he's expecting more. What more could he possibly expect out me? I mean this already humiliating and the taste is awful. My throat is burning. Let me take this bar out. Please! Oh I know what he's waiting for. I almost forgot the tongue lathering part. Is it really necessary? I will never swear again ever, Dad. I promise. Not good enough huh? Dad doesn't think so anyway. Uuug!Oh this is gross. Come on Dad there is soap running down my chin now. You never made me lather this long before. Dad I'm choking. Really please. "Alright now spit it out in the sink." Thank you! "No don't you dare rinse yet. You know better than that." Nodding is a much better idea than talking right now. Oh and yes I do no better but, it was worth trying. I think so anyway.

"Kerry Sue, I expect to hear your reply." Oh. "Yes, Sir." Yuck! My throat is really burning. This stuff has got to be awful for you. "Wow. I know that voice. It belongs to my respectful daughter. If that other voice returns, you know the one that swears and backtalks, I think we will be right back in here. Is that understood?" Very funny Dad. Probably not the best thing to say right at this moment so I'll go with, "Yes, Sir." Now that is a pathetic voice. I sound like I'm twelve even to my ears. "Good. Now that I have your attention lets return to the subject of your report card. Can you honestly tell me you gave your best effort in school this year?" Well of course I gave my best efforts in school. Just not toward my classes. If you must know the truth, there was this really cute boy. He was in all my classes and I tried everything to get him to go for me but, he was too infatuated with Sally Baines. She is a total "w"itch but he fell for her anyway and I had a total make-over in my school reputation and he still never even noticed me. Dad probably doesn't want to hear any of that, right? I didn't think so.

"No, Sir." Where is that wimpy voice coming from. Really its not like me at all. "I didn't think so. Your Mother called the school this afternoon and got us an appointment to see Mr. Woodward tommorow morning. Hopefully we can find some way to fix this mess you've made so that you can still try to get into college. Now you have left me no choice but to put some severe restrictions on your activities and punish you but, before we talk about that I want to understand why this happened. I realize I'm your father and you may not feel comfortable talking to me about some things but, you need to trust me right now and you need to be honest with me. Whatever is going on I'll help you. Your my little girl whether you think so or not. Talk to me Kerry." Let's review this for a second. First you ground me, then you slap my face, then you make me wash my mouth out with soap and now you want me to confide in you. I DON'T THINK SO!

Okay, your right. I am being too hard on him and I did bring this on myself. I can't tell him the truth though. He won't understand and he'll think I'm an idiot. He will find out a lot when we see my principal tommorow. Oh what do I do? How did I get trapped like this? Can a teenage girl really trust her father? I think so. I don't really have a choice anyway so, here goes. "I am so sorry Dad." Oops he didn't like that start. "I don't care how.." "Dad wait. Please." That's better. He's waiting now. "I really am sorry for what I've done and not just to you but to myself. I was really stupid. Just give me a minute to get this out Dad. I uh, don't know how to explain my actions because what I've done was so stupid and it doesn't even make any sense to me now. Here goes. There was this new guy at school back in January. Somehow he ended up in everyone of my classes. His name is Johnny Miers. I couldn't stop thinking about him. He is so cute and he was nice to me. I mean no guy has ever paid that much attention to me at school before. I didn't know how to react. I really liked him but he seemed to shy to ask me out. So, I asked some of my friends what I should do. No, its not what you think Dad. They didn't tell me to do the stuff I did. You remember Sally Baines right?" Got a nod from Dad there. I have to tell you I'm amazed he has let me talk this long. I think he is actually listening to me. That's a good sign, right? I think so.

I reeally wished he let me rinse my mouth. The burning in my throat is making this really tough. "Well Sally was one of my friends that I told and she told me to forget about him. She said something like no boy that cute would ever give me the time of day let alone ask me out. I'm sure you can understand why she doesn't come around anymore. Our friendship ended right around the time she started dating Johnny. He didn't seem so shy around her and I started thinking the reason he wouldn't go for me was that I was too much of 'good girl'." Maybe Dad's not so mad at me after all. I think thats a smile on his face. Don't you? "So, what you are telling me is you goofed off in school, didn't do your homework, and failed tests, all to get the attention of a boy you liked. If I'm understanding al this correctly, the worst part of all this for you is that even after you totally disgraced yourself and failed your classes this boy never became interested in you. Am I right?" WOw! Who would've known I could have a heart to heart with my Dad like this. I mean he really gets me. I believe I mentioned earlier that I love my family. Well, I might just have to tell my Dad how much I love him now. This is really too good to be true isn't it? Unfortunately, don't think so.

"That does sort of sum it up, Dad. Although the worst part wasn't that he never returned my interest in him. No, Sir. The worst part was that I convinced myself I wasn't good enough for him just being myself. I know now that if he wasn't interested in me for being me then he wasn't ever good enough for me. Like I said before I was really stupid and I am sorrier for my actions than you will ever, ever know." That came out pretty good didn't it? I think so.

"Rinse your mouth and go to your room." Finally! I love you Daddy. "I'll decide how to punish you for this," He is holding my report card up while I'm pouring water in and out of my mouth like a mad woman. "tommorow after we meet with Mr. Woodward. As for your disrespectful behavior today, I want to make sure we don't have a repeat of it anytime soon. After dinner your going to get a taste of the strap. I expect you to come to dinner prepared for a spanking and I don't want to hear any arguments about you being to old for it. Am I understood young lady?" I hate you. You can't do this to me. This is so embarrassing. Don't you think so? "Yes, Sir. Dad, what about Robbie's friend. I mean can't you modify the rules just a little? Please." I know I'm begging but you don't understand. I'll explain when we get back to my room but, for the moment trust me. The rules need modification or I'm going to be praying I die before dinner. "No. I warned you this morning and you apparently just ignored me. Don't misunderstand young lady. You are not getting the strap tonight because of your report card. You are getting it because you decided to have a smart-mouth with your Mother when she confronted you about these grades. Now I suggest you go to your room and get ready before I decide to start increasing your punishment." This really, really sucks. Yes, of course I'm going to my room. You heard him he'll give me extra if I don't. Any of you want to trade places with me for the next couple of hours? I didn't think so.

Well come on then lets get to my room. No, Dad's not coming in this time. He's going back downstairs. Time to close the door and get ready. I'll explain what that means as I go 'cause I doubt I have any time to spare. I gotta sit down for a second. There that's better much easier to take shoes off when sitting down. Why am I taking my shoes off? Oh yeah you don't how this works do you? I didn't think so. Well you see in my parents house there are two kinds of spankings. Its either what I call on the spot or formal. Formal is what I'm in for and on the spot is what I wished Mom had done so I wouldn't be getting a formal one. Formal spanking always happen after dinner in the living room with the whole family watching. Oh you want to know why I have to get ready now then? Well I'm getting to that. You see the whole after dinner thing is more in reference to the rest of the family cause when you've been sentenced to a formal spanking you don't get to eat dinner. You see while everyone else enjoys their dinner I'll be standing in a corner with my hands on my head wishing I was some place else. Pretty mean right? I think so.

You see when Dad figures he has to give us a formal spanking he intends for it to be a memorable experience. About the only thing that could make it any worse would be if I had gotten my mouth washed out with soap. That happened to me once and it was the worst having to stand in the corner with a bar of soap in my mouth waiting to get paddled. What did you just say? I got my mouth... Oh crap your right. This is gonna be awful. Well yeah there is alot of corner time involved with a formal spanking in my house. All through dinner, before I get spanked in the living room, and yes, after I get spanked in the living room. Yes, thats the rule. If you get your mouth washed out and get a formal spanking on the same day you spend all your corner time with a bar of soap in your mouth. That really sucks doesn't it? I think so!

Yes, I realize I don't have a stitch on. Thats part of the punishment and exactly what Dad meant when he sent me here to get 'ready'. It is a little cold in here, thanks for noticing. Am I blushing? Well wouldn't you be? I think so! It's bad enough being nude in front of my family, they haven't seem like this in four years. Having to go down there like this with my brother's friend here, I'm mortified. What was that? Someone knocking at my door? "Yes." Hey! I didn't say anybody could open the door. Oh its Mom. Yes, I know there is no point in trying to cover myself but its reflex, okay? "Its time for dinner young lady. Well, I guess you are capable of doing as your told." Why yes, I can sit, stand, shake, and roll over too. What do I win? Whats that? Attitude is not a good a this moment? Oh yeah, what was I thinking? I guess I better tone down the sarcasm before I actually say somehting like that right? I think so too.

"Yes, Ma'am. I'm sorry for being rude Ma'am. I have no excuse." Did I just say that? What is wrong with me? I am not a penitent little girl. I am an outraged teenager. Where is that meek, submissive voice coming from? Certainly not me. Mom's not giving any hint as to whether she appreciated that little apology either. She probably doesn't believe I meant it. Yeah, I think so too. Well best not to forget that bar of soap or Dad might add extras. "Where are you going? The stair are right here." Duh! Like I don't know where the stairs are. we've lived in this house all my life, I could find my way through it blind. It's a good thing my mouth isn't working normally or I'd just be getting myself in deeper huh? I think so. "Umm. Dad uh, washed my uh, mouth out. So, I uh well I don't want to make things uh any worse by uh, pretending not to uh you know uh remember the umm rules." Mom's looked surprised for a second there. I swear she did. Don't you think so? No, not the look she is giving me now. That one means I better not waste any more time. I better grab that bar of soap, hang on a second I'll be right back. Look, I'm back! I got this delicious bar of chocolate soap to suck on and hey, do you like my Imperial robe? What's that? You can see right through it? I don't think so!

Seriously, marching down these stairs with this bar of soap in my mouth and my hands on my head is about the most embarassing thing I've ever done. Oh no. Yep, thats my brother and his friend. They're getting a real good view aren't they? I think so. Yes, those are real tears rolling down my cheeks. I swear I have never, ever felt so ashamed. There is Dad. He still looks pretty mad don't you think? Well I think so. I sure hope he cools down during dinner. Thats the corner right over there. The last time I made this march I was dreading standing in that corner but, right now I can't wait to get over there. Funny, I guess you do start looking at things differently when you get older. Ah, corner time at last. Go on everyone take you time eating dinner. There is no rush really. I can stand here all night sucking on this soap. Really I can. If you want to play a game or watch some TV or go to bed right after dinner please don't mind me at all. You all can go and do something else if you want. I'm sure none of you want to stick around and watch Dad use that awful strap on me. Well, if you find this so entertaining are you sure you don't want to trade places for a bit? I didn't think so.

Uh oh. Mom's clearing the table. Its getting close to time for that strapping Dad promised me. "Kerry Sue. Go and fetch the strap to the living room and wait in the corner there." Dad's voice is really chilling when he's mad at me. You wouldn't think of disobeying that voice would you? Me either. Yes, I know I'm trembling. I am terrified of that strap. Just wait till you see it. Here let me open the closet door. See it? Do you see it? Yeah, I knew you'd think so. What would say 4 inches wide 18 inches long or so? 3 inches wide? If you say so. Sorry I can't just stand around and look at it. I have an appointment in the living room. Sure I wouldn't mind missing it. Right about now would be a real good time for an out of body experience. I had hope but, no, I didn't think so.

There I'll just lay the strap down there on the coffee table. Yep, this is the corner I get stand in. No, it won't be too long now. Have I mentioned I have never actually had the strap before? No, really. Dad's threatened plenty of times but this is the first time I've ever had to get it out. You see all I know about that strap is that Grandpa used to use it on Mom when she was a girl. Well I also know MOm says she'd rather of had the paddle every night for a week than to get a dose of the strap from Grandpa. She's probably been exagerating, right? I think so, or rather I hope so. My arms are really tired and this soap still tastes awful. I know I shouldn't be in any hurry here but, I'm really starting wish this was over with. "Alright Kerry Sue, turn around." That was Dad. I guess its time huh? Yep, I think so.

Uh oh, not good. He's clearly still mad at me. Just take a look at his eyes. Uugg! Yuck! Oh thats better. Thanks for taking the bar soap Dad. You can keep it. If I never see that bar again it will be too soon. Yes, I know after the spanking it goes right back in. At least I can breathe for the moment. Now Mom's holding the soap and she doesn't appear sympathetic either. I guess I really screwed up this time, didn't I? I think so. Dad, you don't need that strap really. You can put it back down, I promise. Daddy, I'll be good. Please don't use that on me. Daddy! I'm your baby girl remember? I didn't think so.

"Get over here. NOW!" Dad is definately mad. Wow, did you see that? I didn't move a muscle but, I'm right where he wanted me. "Bend over and touch you toes girl. You've got 20 strokes coming and I expect you take your punishment like a big girl. If you get out of position I will repeat the stroke and If you try to avoid a stroke or grab you bottom I will start over at one and double the strokes to 40. Don't test me tonight Kerry Sue. I will wear you butt out if you make me." If I dropped to my knees and begged for mercy, do you think it would do me any good? I didn't think so.

Would you look at that? I could really use a pedicure. "OOOOWWWWW!" Oh, that hurt. "Wa.. Wa.. One, Sir." Nineteen more of that? I will never sit again. "Oooowwwwwwwww! oh. oh. ta. Two, Sir." Am I dead yet? "Oooowwwww!" Please let this end. "Three, Sir." My throat is really burning now between crying out and all that soap. "NOoooooo!AAH!" My butt is on fire and that was only how many? "Fa,fa,four, Sir."Ooooowww! Fa, five, Sir. OOOOOOWWWW! Sa, sa, sa, six, Sir. Waahhooowwwww! Sa, seevan, Sir. waaaawooooh! a, eight, S. OOOOOOOOOwww! Nine, Sir. OOOOOOOwwww! Oh! oh! ta. ta. Ten, Sir." Okay I think Mom wasn't exagerating. I'll take a paddling everyday for the next month if he will stop right now! What's that? I have several welts on my bottom? Well that explains alot. Yes, I think so!

"EEEE elevn, Sir."Ooooowww! Twa, twelve, Sir. OOOOOOWWWW! Th, th, thirteen, Sir. Waahhooowwwww! Fa, fa, fourteen, Sir. waaaawooooh! Fa,fa, fa, fifteen, Sir. OOOOOOOOOwww! Sixteen, Sir. OOOOOOOwwww! Oh! oh! sa. sa. Oh! Seventeen, Sir. PLEASE! OOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! NOoooo! A, a, eighteen, Sir. OOOOOWWWW! No, no, no, nineteen, Sir. Woooooooooooooooooow! Twa, twa, twewnty, Sir." Whats that? Oh you can't hear me over all that sobbing. Well you'd be sobbing too if your butt was burning like mine is. Yes, I think so.

Time to go stand in the corner some more. Yes, that's the one right here in the living room. Hard to believe a few minutes ago I was embarassed just to be naked in front of my family and our guest. Right now I couldn't care less who is watching. If I wasn't certain Dad would start in all over again I'd be dancing all over this room trying to get the fire out. What fire? Have you seen my butt? Well then that would be the fire I'm talking about. It's just plain cruelty to make me stand here without being able to rub it out. Its has to be getting close to time to go and hide in my room for the rest of my life. Well, I think so at any rate.

When is this nightmare going to end? I swear the longer I'm standing here the more its hurting. Did you hear that? They are laughing at me. This is so unfair! What? Oh, they're watching TV. Well why didn't you say so before? Its a little hard for me to see what is going on. I mean this plain white corner a half inch in front of my nose is interesting and all but its not very reflective. In other words I don't have eyes in the back of my head. Oh you think that funny do you? Well how about you stand in the corner here and listen to people laughing and see how you feel then? Yeah, I didn't think so!

"Kerry SUe, go straight up to your room and right into bed. We will talk more in the morning." Finally, I can get out of here and go hide. Ouch! Who knew walking was going hurt? Whoah, wait a second. Did he say more in the morning? Oh more talk, well that's alright I guess. Not that much talking happened tonight. I've always thought of talking as a mutual exchange between two or more people. I hope that's what he means for tommorow. Why you ask. Once again, HAVE YOU SEEN MY BUTT! Sorry, I didn't mean to shout. I'm a little bit on edge and you'll just have to cut me some slack. I don't care if you don't think so!

Ah, here we are. The nice quiet privacy of my bedroom. I'll be sleeping on my stomach tonight and judging by the red glow in the room, for the next several nights. I guess this is what is meant by the phrase, "blistered butt". Yes, it still hurts and no it doesn't seem to help rubbing it. Never in my life have I felt as punished as I do right now. Its not just the pain but the humiliation of being punished like this at my age. If embarassment were lethal I'm sure I would have died at some point tonight. Unfortunately, the prognosis is good. It appears I'll live. Yes, I think so.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure exactly why but this weblog is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back
    later on and see if the problem still exists.



    My homepage wiki.thefacebookproject.com
    My web page :: weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have
    developed some nice procedures and we are looking
    to exchange methods with others, please shoot me an email if interested.


    Look into my blog post weight loss

    ReplyDelete